The NCISS Legislative Advocacy Hub monitors federal and state legislative activity for member associations!
Legislative Committee Activities for Investigations & Security from Lobbyit
• Advocacy Hub – NCISS, with Lobbyit, works proactively for our members monitoring federal laws and regulations that impact the investigative and security professions. NCISS also assists member state associations at the local level. The Advocacy Hub is one tool that allows each NCISS member to send effective position letters.
• State Legislation Awareness Monitoring (SLAM) – Lobbyit has set up NCISS's "state-level" tracking, continues to identify hundreds of bills in active states. You can search alphabetically by State or click on your state on the United States map provided at the top of the page. If your state is not listed, it means that either your state was either not in session or there were no bills introduced that met our search parameters. If you know of a bill in your state that we need to become aware, please contact your Regional Director.
• Find a Member of Congress – It is important, and easy, to stay in touch with your Representative or Senator.
• Find Bills and Resolutions – NCISS, with Lobbyit, monitors active federal legislation and regulations through experience and key words. If you learn of a bill or resolution that should be monitored, please advise your Regional Director. You can find details and forward them from this site.
• Legislative Donations – The NCISS Legislative Fund is a key component of our association's ability to represent the private investigation and security professionals interest before Congress. Fundraising efforts are ongoing throughout the year, and include requests to individual members, state associations, industry vendors, database providers, and more. There are many who benefit from the services of our two professions. As we continue to seek ways to replenish the Legislative Fund on a monthly basis. To make an individual or association donation, please send your donation to:
The National Council of Investigation and Security Services
7501 Sparrows Point Blvd.
Baltimore, MD. 21219
(410) 477-2361 or (800) 445-8408
Provided for NCISS by
Please contact your NCISS Legislative Committee Chairs:
Francie Koehler – Investigations firstname.lastname@example.org
Brad Duffy – Security Brad.Duffy@permarsecurity.com